4 lbs, random pieces |
Our 4-lb Sablefish Bulk Pack features random-size portions that are generally smaller than our regular 4 oz portions.
Each Bulk Pack contains eight separate 8-oz bags of random-size portions (average 3 oz each), including some thin, quick-cooking tail pieces.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Skin-on, bone-in*
- Random-sized pieces, avg. 3 oz
- Eight separate 8 oz bags
- Certified Kosher (EarthK)
- Certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
Buttery Alaskan Sablefish is prized overseas and most of the harvest is exported. You'll be amazed by this super-rich rarity! Certified Kosher
One customer called our wild Alaskan Sablefish "the chocolate of fish", for good reason! Its ravishing richness stems from the ample body fat that Sablefish accumulate to survive their frigid, deep-water environs.
Also known as Black Cod or Butterfish, Alaskan Sablefish is highly prized overseas, and the vast majority of the harvest is exported, making it a relative rarity in domestic markets.
Sablefish is very high in omega-3s, averaging a whopping 1.4 grams per 3.5 oz serving, or more than most wild Salmon (except King).
*NOTE: Although most of the bones have been removed from our Sablefish portions, the delicacy of this meat prevents us from doing so completely. There will likely be some bones and/or bone fragments remaining.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Vitamin D 192 IU
Keep frozen. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, or for faster readiness, place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until fish is flexible.
Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water. Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes -- or bake 12-15 minutes at 375° F -- until only only a small spot in the very center still appears translucent. Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving. NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.Enliven your fish with healthful, flavorful seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends:
- Lightly coat or mist your fish with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil, and rub on the seasonings of your choice.
- Or, add the seasonings of your choice to a little of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil and marinate the fish in it the mix, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.