Wild Alaskan Cod
6 oz portions, skinless/boneless |
SPECIAL OFFER: Save 15% - use code COD19* at checkout
Harvested in icy, pristine Alaskan waters, our premium quality Pacific cod appeals to many tastes and works well in many culinary contexts. Each lean, low-calorie fillet portion is firm, fully moist and slightly sweet.
While supplies last. One per order. Cannot be combined with oher offers, only applies to this sku. Offer expires 5/15/19
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Skinless / boneless*
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of the USA (Alaska)
*Note: Despite great care, our Alaskan cod may infrequently contain small, edible bones.
Our Alaskan cod is sustainably sourced, and strict state oversight ensures that this fishery remains an abundant resource.
About Pacific Cod
Pacific cod is closely related to Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua), with a similar, somewhat sweeter flavor and equally firm, flakey texture.
Pacific cod (Gadus macrocephalus) is also known as "gray cod" or "true cod", to differentiate it from "Ling cod" (Ophiodon elongatus) and "Black cod" (Anoplopoma fimbria; AKA Sablefish), which are not members of the cod family.
Average Ratings: 4.5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.