Wild Alaskan Cod
5 lbs, random portions
The value price on this pack saves you 26% to 50% per lb versus our regular 6 oz portions.
Our random-weight, skinless-boneless fillet portions vary in size from about 3 oz to 6 oz each, with approximately 14 individually packaged portions per box. Each portion is individually vacuum-packed for easy use.
- Free shipping on orders over $99.
- All live shellfish are shipped overnight with ice-cold gel packs.
- Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
Save 26% to 50% per pound*, compared with our regular 6 oz portions.
- Product of USA
- Random-size pieces
- Individually vacuum-packed
- May include small tail pieces
- Sustainably harvested
*26% less vs. 6 portions; 36% less vs. 12 portions; 50% less vs. 24 portions.
Harvested in icy, pristine Alaskan waters, our top-quality Pacific cod appeals to many tastes and works well in many culinary contexts.
This lean, low-calorie fish is firm and fully moist, with a large flake.
Its delicate, slightly sweet flavor harmonizes with a wide array of sauces and seasonings ... including our versatile Organic Marinade/Rub Mixes.
Strict state oversight ensures that Alaska's certified-sustainable Pacific cod fishery will remain a protected resource.
Average Ratings: 4Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration below 38° F (3° C). Use within 12 hours for best results. To quick-thaw, place unopened frozen package in cool water for 30 minutes or until fish is flexible.
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.