Grilled Halibut with Blueberry-Pepper Jam
Thanks to "Better Homes and Gardens" for this recipe.
1 teaspoon snipped fresh sage
1 cup garlic croutons, coarsely crushed
1/4 cup snipped fresh sage
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
2 tablespoons orange juice
- Rinse thawed fish and pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine crushed croutons, the 1/4 cup sage, the orange peel, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in orange juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly moistened; set aside.
- Grill fish on the greased grate of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes. Turn and top fish evenly with crouton mixture, gently pressing onto fish. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- To serve, place fish on serving platter. Serve with Blueberry-Pepper Jam.
- In a medium bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with a potato masher or fork. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup blueberries, the 1 teaspoon sage, and the 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition per serving: calories 222, total fat 7g, saturated fat 1g, cholesterol 45mg, sodium 99mg, carbohydrate 8g, fiber 1g, protein 30 g