Dilled Salmon Pasta Salad
8 ounces white or whole wheat pasta (any shape; we recommend fusilli, fafalle, or gemelli)
1/2 pound fresh asparagus (or julienned zucchini)
4 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 small red onion, diced
12 oz wild salmon (two 6 oz skinless-boneless portions), cooked (approx. 8 minutes) and flaked, or two 7.5 oz cans of skinless-boneless sockeye salmon
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add asparagus (or julienned zucchini) and cook 2 to 3 minutes; drain and refresh in cold water.
- To make dressing, beat the oil, lemon juice and vinegar together. Stir in dill and lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta with the onion and dressing. Add the asparagus (or zucchini) pieces and flaked salmon; toss lightly. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with sprigs of dill, if desired.