As she says about this recipe, “Serve this dish for an appetizer or as a meal with a salad. Either way it is delicious.”
Tuscan Prawns and Cannellini Beans
By Monica Puri Bangia
Serves 2 to 4
Juice of one lemon
- Marinate the prawns in a shallow bowl with lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Let it sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- Grill or broil the prawns until done… just a couple of minutes on each side.
2 (15 oz) cans of cannellini beans, rinsed
¼ cup pancetta, chopped
2 medium shallots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (or 1 Tbsp dried organic rosemary)
½ cup a dry white wine (pinot grigio)
½ cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
Juice of a lemon
- Heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the pancetta and sauté on a medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic and rosemary. Sauté on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine. Cook for a minute and add the cannellini beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and lower the heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and add tomatoes. Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Cook for another two minutes and serve with shrimp. Drizzle the lemon juice on top.