Today’s recipe is from Easy-French-Food.com
, a delightful culinary site with simple recipes created in the international kitchen of Kim Steele.
She grew up in California in a family where internationally inspired gourmet meals happened daily. Kim has since lived and cooked in many countries, now living in Paris with her own family.
Salmon filets and shallots combine with crème fraîche and Swiss cheese to make this luscious, rich quiche. You can use frozen or canned salmon for this recipe.
This salmon quiche recipe goes together in a matter of minutes. Try serving with some backed or scalloped potatoes and a simple tossed salad.Salmon Quiche (Quiche au Saumon)
1‒1/2 cups crème fraîche
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon organic coarse ground pepper
Dash of organic cayenne
- Fit a pre-made pie crust (or puff pastry if you prefer), into a 9 inch pie pan. Pierce the bottom with the tines of a fork about 15 times. Place the pan in the freezer and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 F.
- After chilling, pre-bake the crust for 12 minutes at 400 F. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before filling.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium sized skillet on low-medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid browning. Add the salmon and heat just until the (fresh) salmon is barely cooked through. If you use canned salmon, it only needs to heat through.
- Remove from heat and spread the filling in the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, crème fraîche, salt, pepper, and cayenne together until combined. Pour on top of the other ingredients and place the quiche in the oven to bake for 40 minutes at 375 F.