Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Held under these conditions scallops should retain their quality for at least six to 12 months.
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, remove the inner bag (if any) from the outer packaging and place the still-sealed scallops package in cool water for 30 to 40 minutes, just until contents are flexible.
Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Rinse scallops quickly in cold, clean water.
Sauté, Broil, or Grill: Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 6-8 minutes, until they've just turned white.
Bake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place scallops in the bottom of a shallow baking pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until they've just turned white.
Before cooking, season your scallops with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix, our Lemon-Pepper Blend, or other seasonings.
Add the seasonings to olive oil and marinate the Scallops, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight.
Or, simply mist scallops lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
Sashimi-Style Scallops: Serve thawed scallops raw on steamed rice.
Note: Consumption of raw or partially cooked shellfish creates a risk of serious illness, especially to people with medical conditions that compromise immunity. Vulnerable individuals should avoid eating raw or partially cooked shellfish.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page