• Sustainably harvested
• Added ingredients certified organic (except salt and citric acid)
Our Pacific Blue mussels (Mytilus trossulus) are the sweetest and meatiest you’ll ever taste.
We’ve tweaked the flavor until it’s just right – not too salty or smoky – and added select organic seasonings.
These scrumptious treats can be enjoyed right out of the can, or served with a little chevre on a cracker with perhaps a sprig of dill.
And they're decidedly delicious in pasta dishes, seafood stews, or a straight smoked-mussel chowder. Delish!
Pacific Blue mussels, Organic onion powder, Organic garlic powder, Organic high-oleic sunflower oil, Organic brown sugar, Sea salt, Citric acid, Natural wood smoke
Canned Smoked Mussels, 2.75 oz. (78g)
Serving Size 1 can, 2.75 oz. (78g)
Number of servings: 1
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 35
| Sugars 0g
|Vitamin A 6% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 3% • Iron 22%
Total omega-3 fatty acids: 1080mg
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Smoked Mussel and Mushroom Linguini
2 strips bacon, chopped into pieces (pork, turkey, or salmon)
1/2 cup mushrooms (e.g., crimini, chanterelle, shittake)
3 cloves garlic
Heavy cream or half-and-half
1 fresh tomato, diced
Linguini for two
- Saute the bacon and garlic until nearly done.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for a minute more.
- Add the mussels and cream to taste (go easy).
- Add the tomato, saute for another minute, and set pan aside.
- Cook the linguini al dente (with dried herbs if you like; e.g., tarragon, thyme, basil, sage, oregano)
- Reheat the pan contents, and spoon over each serving of pasta.
Smoked Mussels and Lentils
Accompany this dish with a salad and a toasted (oiled or buttered) baguette.
1/2 cup finely diced onions
1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
1 can lentils (15 oz), drained (or an equivalent amount of cooked lentils)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
Chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat add the olive oil, onions, and peppers, and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes or until the onions are transluscent.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the lentils, tomatoes, mussels, and thyme and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season with pepper and lemon juice, garnish with fresh parsley.
Our Smoked Mussels will keep for up to 5 years if kept in a cool place.
Add to a simple salad or antipasto.
Serve on pizza with a caponata base.
Add to a puttanesca sauce with tomatoes, capers and basil.
Serve with crackers or as a topping for toasted bread (bruschetta), with diced tomatoes, basil, and grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
To moderate the taste and add lusciouness and healthful antioxidants, drain the mussels well and toss with organic extra virgin olive oil (you can also add a touch of dried herbs, such as oregano, tarragon, sage, or thyme).
Non-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except
holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Free standard shipping applies to orders of $99 or more per U.S.
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page