- Certified Kosher (OU)
Simply thaw and serve
Four vacuum-sealed 8 oz packs (2 lbs. total)
No nitrites or artificial additives/preservatives
1/3 less sodium than many national brands
Vital Choice cold-smoked lox offers a balance of perfect texture and sensational flavor, with a delightful buttery finish.
Our sustainably harvested sockeye salmon is cured in salt brine, gently cold-smoked over pure, natural alder wood, thin-sliced, then immediately flash frozen.
Customers praise its vibrant flavor and silky texture. And we use considerably less salt than most alternatives: 560 mg per 2 oz serving, versus 800-900 mg in many national brands.
What people say
"I have not had any good lox since I left Chicago 15 years ago. This morning I got out the cream cheese sliced a bagel and tomato and onion and savored every bite. I was in heaven!"
– Marguerite Dameron
Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon, sea salt, natural wood smoke
Wild Alaskan Sockeye Lox Trim
Serving Size 2 oz. (55g)
Number of servings: 4
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 25
| Sugars 0g
|Vitamin A % • Vitamin C %
Calcium % • Iron %
total omega-3 fatty acids 686mg
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months.
Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible.
Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page