- Flaked meat from large leg sections
- Serve hot or cold
- Sustainably harvested in a pristine wildlife refuge
- Rated Best Choice Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
Its fine sweet flavor and texture make Dungeness crab a favorite choice of seafood lovers.
The moist, naturally sweet meat is delicious straight out of the can, and makes the perfect centerpiece for salads, pasta dishes, and sandwiches. And of course, Dungeness appetizers such as crab cocktail or puff pastries will add elegance to any event.
Vital Choice Dungeness crab is sustainably harvested in wild coastal waters off Oregon and Washington State.
About Vital Choice Dungeness crab
Our premium Dungeness crab is sustainably harvested from the pristine Willapa Bay National Wildlife Refuge.
This long, thin peninsula juts far out into coastal waters about halfway between Seattle and Portland. The Refuge, abounds in Dungeness crab, with record harvests seen in recent years.
- Despite great care, shell fragments may infrequently occur.
- While our canned fish products are all packed in containers certified by our suppliers to be BPA free, those suitable for the higher acidity levels naturally occurring in shellfish (crab and shrimp) are presently unavailable.
What people say
"I just tried a can of the Dungeness crab - really good!. I just chilled the can, drained it, squeezed lemon over the meat and ate it with cocktail sauce. I didn't know canned crab could be so good. Definitely want to keep that on hand ..." – Andrew Weil, M.D., Founder & Director, University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
What is Dungeness crab?
Widely considered among the tastiest crab species, Dungeness crab was named after the Washington State coastal town that hosted the first commercial harvests.
Dungeness crab (Metacarcinus magister) typically measures 20 cm (8 inches) across. It inhabits eelgrass beds and coastal sea floors from Alaska's Aleutian Islands to south-central California.
Dungeness crab meat, sea salt and citric acid
Canned Dungeness Crab, 6 oz., 170g
Serving Size 2 oz (56 gm)
Number of servings: 3
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 6
|Cholesterol 43 mg
|Sodium 212 mg
| Sugars 0
|Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 3% • Iron 1%
Total omega-3 fatty acids per serving 227mg
• EPA 157mg
• DHA 63mg * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Calcium 3% • Iron 1% Total omega-3 fatty acids per serving 227mg • EPA 157mg • DHA 63mg * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Storage Keep canned fish in a cool place. Consume by the date stamped on each can. Serving Tips Like Tuna, our Wild Dungeness Crab tastes great in sandwiches or salads – plain or with a bit of mayonnaise or seasoning mix. We like to sprinkle on a bit of our Lemon-Pepper Mix or Organic Salmon Marinade mix.
Non-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except
holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Free standard shipping applies to orders of $99 or more per U.S.
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page