- Certified Kosher (EarthK)
- Certified sustainably harvested
Alaskan silver salmon is often overshadowed by better-known sockeye and king, but this moist, delicious fish finds favor with many salmon connoisseurs.
In fact, fillets of wild Alaskan silver salmon (previously flash-frozen) won a blind taste test conducted by the Chef's Collaborative, beating fresh wild King salmon from Oregon and California, and farmed Atlantic salmon.
Silver (coho) salmon is leaner than sockeye or king, with a milder flavor than either, and healthy amounts of omega-3s and vitamin D.
Just as in sport fishing, our silver salmon are line-harvested from small
To preserve their fresh-caught quality, our silver salmon are iced immediately and flash-frozen within a few hours of leaving the water.
Silver salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, silver salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance ... amounts are per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – About 1,184mg of omega-3 EPA+DHA, or 3 to 7 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – About 747 IU in the optimal D3 form, which is more than most other fish, and more than any fortified food, approaching the child-to-adult US RDA of 600 IU.
- Astaxanthin – About 2.31mg. This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits.
| || |
|Pure and wholesome|
Wild Alaskan salmon is among the purest of all ocean fish, which is why the EPA, FDA, Alaska Division of Public Health, and consumer organizations recommend it without reservation. To learn more, visit our Purity page.
|While leaner than Sockeye or King, |
our Wild Alaskan Silver (Coho) salmon
offers abundant omega-3s and vitamin D