Wild Shrimp & Shellfish
Great Party Plate Ideas
Chef Becky Selengut on good seafood
Discover these customer favorites ... satisfaction 100% Guaranteed!
Wild Maine Lobster - Whole Split Lobsters in Shell - 1 lb or more
- Nutrition &
NOTE: This product's advertised weight includes the shell, as is usual for sale of in-shell lobster.
Single split lobsters (Product # FML201) must be shipped with at least one other frozen item to ensure delivered quality. Please add at least one other frozen item to your cart before you check out.
- Ships frozen
- Raw, uncooked
- Easy-remove meat
- 1 to 1.4 lb per lobster (inc. shell)
- Fully cleaned, meat and shell only
- Independently certified sustainable
- Product of USA (Maine)
Our Wild Lobster is hand-harvested from clean, ice-cold waters off the rocky coast of Maine.
Wonderfully moist and slightly sweet, our premium lobster offers unsurpassed texture, ease, and taste.
Vital Choice Whole Split Lobster comes to you in the shell ... and the meat comes out effortlessly, thanks to innovative high-pressure processing.
High-pressure processing totally eliminates the chore of getting the meat from the shell, and delivers every morsel of sweet, delicious meat.
Live lobsters get immersed in a water-filled chamber, where pumps raise the water pressure rapidly and radically.
This sudden, extreme water pressure kills the lobsters humanely within six seconds, and causes the meat to detach completely from the shell.
Then, the pressure gets raised further, to 87,000 pounds per square inch, to kill off any bacteria or other pathogens.
Following this innovative process, it's incredibly easy to remove the lobster meat from each side of the split shell.
Last but not least, any leftover shells are given away to local farmers to use as fertilizer!
Whole Split Lobster
Serving Size 3 oz (85g)
Number of servings: Varies
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 7
| Sugars 0g
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 8% • Iron 1%
Total omega-3 fatty acids 250mg
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Butter Poached Maine Lobster
Once the meat is poached, you can add it to a dish hot, or run it under cold water to cool it down and make a lobster salad, roll, or BLT (bacon
, lobster, and tomato) sandwich.
Small tab of butter
Thawed raw lobster meat
Deep pan, filled with about 2 inches of water
- Thaw the lobster meat.
- Open the bag of meat, and drain the juice out, leaving just the meat.
- Over medium heat, add water and butter to a deep pan. Bring it to a boil, and then turn the heat down to low.
- Place the meat into the water, making sure that it’s all covered with the butter/water mix. Let the meat cook for 4-6 minutes or until firm.
- After it is cooked, carefully remove the pan from the heat and drain the lobster meat from the water.
Storage and thawing
Keep frozen until ready to use.
Place halves on sheet pan and thaw in refrigerator, at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook or refrigerate immediately after thawing.
Lobster can be boiled, steamed, poached, broiled, or grilled. Or, enjoy it uncooked, as sashimi.
Lobster meat takes only three to five minutes to cook thoroughly. Overcooked lobster meat will become tough.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page