Our premium Portuguese sardines are supremely luscious fish.
They’re caught at the seasonal peak of fat and omega-3 content, and custom-packed for us by a Portuguese family firm that's been perfecting their craft for over 150 years.
These boneless sardine fillets are packed in certified-organic extra virgin olive oil, rich in antioxidants and flavor.
What People Say
- "Your sardines in olive oil are outstanding and nothing compares to them ... better than the fresh charcoal broiled sardines I had in Morocco.” – Artemis Simopoulos, M.D., author ofThe Omega Diet
- "... these are the BEST sardines I have ever eaten!” Jean Singer, Eustis, FL
- "A clean tasting fish. No fishy taste or after taste. Oil taste is very subtle and almost hidden. A meaty, tender fish. I would eat again.” Rating: 4.5 sardines (out of 5)” – Drew, author of theMouthful of Sardines blog
Vital Choice video: Sardine harvesting and packing
We visited our Portuguese sardine partners, video camera in hand, and captured the harvest, landing, and packing. Check it out at YouTube
+54 for raw sockeye
Store in a cool dry place.
Keep canned fish in a cool place. Consume by the date stamped on each can.
Sardines are scrumptious in pasta dishes, served on crackers, and they make delicious additions to salads and pizza. Click on the Recipes tab on this page.
- Fill a medium-sized stockpot with water, add 1 teaspoon salt if desired, and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add Kamut whole-grain pasta and cook10 to 12 minutes, until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, lightly drain both cans of Vital Choice Natural Pack Albacore Tuna and set contents aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced tomatoes to pan and cook for 4 minutes, until heated through and beginning to bubble. Add contents of spice packet, 1/2 cup of water, and drained tuna to the pan and stir to blend. Cover pan and reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain it well and combine with tomato and tuna mixture. Serve and enjoy.
Non-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except
holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Free standard shipping applies to orders of $99 or more per U.S.
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page