|PLEASE NOTE: To ensure delivered quality, the 1 and 3-Pouch options are available only when ordered with other frozen products. Seafood is not included. |
Enjoy a deliciously complex blend of hearty organic chickpeas and flavorful vegetables, seasoned with the traditional spices of Morocco!
Our Moroccan Chickpea soup can be the centerpiece of your meal - or add Vital Choice seafood to make it even more filling.
Thaws quickly and is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes ... keep some on hand in your freezer for quick healthy meals.
Water, organic chickpeas, organic tomatoes (tomato, basil), organic celery, organic onions, organic spinach, organic garlic, organic high-oleic sunflower oil, organic cilantro, organic spices, sea salt, organic cumin.
Moroccan Chickpea - 22 oz
Serving Size 1 cup (237mL)
Number of servings: 2.7
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 45
| Sugars 5g
|Vitamin A 6% • Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 6% • Iron 9%
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Keep frozen and use by Best by date on package. Once thawed, store any unused portion in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Thaw pouch in refrigerator, or quick-thaw by submerging sealed pouch in cool water for 30 minutes.
- Empty contents into saucepan and heat gently until soup is warmed through and steam curls from the pan. If you wish, add seafood of your choice, thawed* and drained. Try spot prawns, or salmon.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Do not allow the soup to come to a hard boil, and don’t simmer longer than is needed to cook the seafood through.
- Remove pan from heat and leave lid in place for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy!
One soup pouch serves two to four, depending on the amount of seafood added.
*To quick-thaw any of our fish or shellfish: keeping fish portions in their sealed packages, immerse in cold water until fully flexible (20-30 minutes). You can also use frozen fish and shellfish ... just increase the cooking time indicated above.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page