Lemon Shrimp/Prawns Bruschetta
If you have trouble viewing the video here, you can view it on You Tube
Vital Choice has partnered with Viking Cooking School … a division of Viking Range Corporation, the originator of commercial-type appliances for the home.
Serves 4 Garlic Toasts
12 (½-inch thick) slices baguette or Italian loaf
1 clove garlic, peeled Topping
¼ cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
, plus extra for drizzling
2 cloves garlic, minced (or organic garlic granules)
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste (or organic paprika or cayenne pepper
¾ pound wild Pacific spot prawns
(or large shrimp - 31/35 count - about 24), peeled and deveined, tails removed
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)Sea salt and organic black pepper
, to taste
1 teaspoon finely minced lemon zest (about ½ lemon)
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley For the Toasts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake the bread slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet until crisp and golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes; rub the garlic clove over the toasts.
For the Topping
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat; add the oil and heat through.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp; cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through and the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, drizzle the garlic toasts with olive oil, then top with the lemon shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley and serve immediately.
About Viking Cooking School
From the novice to the experienced cook, over 77,000 students attend classes each year at more than a dozen schools in the United States.
With a combination of lively demonstrations and hands-on classes – Viking Cooking School offers something for culinary enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels.
If you love to cook, entertain, or just appreciate the pleasure of great food, Viking Cooking School is the place to indulge your passions.