Pioneering anti-aging researcher and PBS-TV star Nick Perricone, M.D. is one of our favorite health authors. Long before anyone else, he elucidated and publicized the subtle but serious long-term effects of low-grade, diet-induced inflammation as a goad to weight gain, diabetes, acne, wrinkles, and dementia.
His fans include both serious scientists and folks who have to put their best faces forward in a very public way:
“Dr. Perricone presents a program that is sensible and easy to follow and delivers great results.”
—Sheryl Crow, singer/songwriter
“I love the way the Perricone program makes me look and feel.”
—Emmylou Harris, singer/songwriter
“There are a lot of things about Dr. Perricone’s science that really resonate with me. Here is one of them: growing up Italian has kept me in touch with the magical properties of olive oil. Dr. Perricone has taken this and others to a new level!”
—Steven Tyler, lead singer, Aerosmith
“Once again Dr. Perricone’s quest for successful and safe dietary interventions has taken the science of nutrition to another level. Dr. Perricone continues to show, clearly and succinctly, his leadership in formulating a healthful life style.”
—Harry G. Preuss, M.D., M.A.C.N., C.N.S., professor of physiology, medicine, and pathology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
New book offer many new insights
In his new book—Dr. Perricone's 7 Secrets to Beauty, Health, and Longevity—he takes a holistic approach that taps into cutting-edge science. He reveals how to rev up cellular metabolism, reverse osteoporosis, build fat-burning muscle mass, revitalize brain cells, reduce the chances of heart disease and cancer, elevate mood, manage blood sugar, and slim down and stay trim.
The book covers a lot of new ground while recapping some essential facts about foods, supplements, and stress reduction. These are some highlights:
- The six kinds of food you need to eat every day (including wild salmon)
- The best nutritional supplements (including salmon oil) to win the fight against aging
- Skin rejuvenating secrets based on serious science
- The role of pheromones in curbing depression, boosting self-confidence, triggering weight loss, and improving libido
- The essential oil more powerful than some antibiotics
- An exercise plan (T-Tapp) that will shape your silhouette and strengthen your bones in as little as ten minutes a day
- Recipes, shopping lists, and a guide to healthy oils and safe cookware for the anti-aging kitchen
It’s a great practical guide to optimal health and wellness that we recommend highly.