The The Virgin Diet Cookbook is already out of stock, so JJ Virgin is offering a free download of her Virgin Diet Community Cookbook ... clicking on this link will bring you to a web page hosting the downloadable PDF file.
Or, click here to purchase the The Virgin Diet Cookbook from Amazon.com.
JJ Virgin first gained fame as a top Hollywood trainer and nutrition counselor.
Her most recent bestseller – The Virgin Diet – prescribed a plan free of seven food factors including gluten, which have been blamed for weight gain, fatigue, and more.
And JJ just released The Virgin Diet Cookbook, filled with tips and recipes designed to help folks implement her eating plan in easy, delicious fashion.
Seafood recipes abound in her new cookbook, and JJ had this about us: “The only seafood I serve in my house is from Vital Choice … because great seafood makes even the simplest recipe a stand out.”
She graciously provided us with a simple, savory recipe to share with our readers: Dijon and Almond–Crusted Halibut with Lemon and Parsley … you’ll find it below and in our Recipe Archive.
We love this recipe, and The Virgin Diet Cookbook offers more than 150 others of equal ease and appeal.
Dijon and Almond–Crusted Halibut with Lemon and Parsley
Go fish! Alaskan halibut features firm, flakey white meat and a delicately sweet flavor. For a richer, more luxurious version, use macadamia nuts in place of the almonds.
Makes 4 servings
1/3 cup raw almonds
4 (6 oz each) wild Alaskan halibut fillets
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
5 teaspoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Place the almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a plate.
- Season the halibut with the salt and pepper; brush the flesh side of each fillet with 1 teaspoon of the mustard. Dip the mustard side of each fillet into the almonds, pressing firmly to help the nuts adhere. Place the fillets, nut-crusted side facing up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the halibut until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the nuts are browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Combine the parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, and olive oil in a small bowl. Spoon over the fish and serve immediately.