Christiane Northrup, M.D., has long been the leading voice in holistic healthcare for women.
We’ve been impressed by her combination of scientific savvy, deep nutrition knowledge, and embrace of credible complementary approaches to health, including mind-body medicine.
So we’d like to let you know about the fully updated and extensively re-written new edition of her 1994 bestseller, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, available Tuesday May 25, 2010. (You'll find e-bookstore links below.)
We asked Dr. Northrup to tell our readers how she views the revised 2010 edition, and she kindly provided these comments:
“The first edition of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom was based on my many years as an OB/GYN physician. I had seen everything that could go wrong with the female body, up close, and wanted to give women guidance on how to truly flourish in their bodies… not just avoid disease.”“Because the body is so highly influenced by our beliefs, I knew that I had to introduce an entirely new way of viewing the female body, so that’s what I did in Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom.”“I believe that every woman—and the men who love them—can benefit from the new version of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom. It’s chock full of new, updated, life-saving information that every woman should know.”— Christiane Northrup, M.D.
These are some of the highlights of the new edition of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom:
- New material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life.
- The spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others.
- Vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps.
- Extraordinary facts on Vitamin D—and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health.
- The importance of the pre-conception diet and how to greatly decrease the risk of birth defects.
- How to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic.
- All you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests.
- Life-saving facts about cellular inflammation—the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases—and how to prevent this condition.
- The essentials on the “fountain of youth molecule”—and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health.
To read an excerpt, go to www.drnorthrup.com.
Dr. Northrup’s New PBS Show
During the first week of June, the PBS special Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom will begin airing across the United States. The new show, Dr. Northrup’s seventh special for PBS, represents the distilled essence of 30 years of exploration on the front lines of women’s health and wellness.
This groundbreaking program focuses on four key areas uppermost in the minds of women 50-plus: heart health, hormone therapy, diet, and sexuality.
Dr. Northrup also presents a five-step program that guarantees weight loss… if adhered to as directed.
Watch as Dr. Northrup invites midlife women to embrace their inner wisdom and transform the second half of their lives. Click here to see a trailer for the PBS special Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom (Be patient, it may take a minute to start).
To find show times in your area, go to your local Public Broadcasting Station’s website or www.PBS.org.