Grilled/Broiled Salmon with Mustard Sauce and Tomato Concassé
This recipe combines a range of flavors and textures to delicious effect, with a fragrant aroma from the marinade of white wine and dill. The grainy mustard sauce adds piquancy.
Note: the salmon needs to marinate for six hours.
Grilled Salmon with Mustard Sauce and Tomato Concassé
4 (6 oz each) skinless-boneless wild Alaska salmon fillets
6 cups white cooking wine
2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill or 1 tablespoon dried organic dill
4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
14 oz organic chicken stock
1 cup chopped shallots
1 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoons butter
6 oz fresh low-fat yogurt
4 small zucchini, diced
1 lemon cut into wedges
Sea salt and organic black pepper
- Marinate the Salmon in white wine, dill, sea salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for about 6 hours.
- Prepare all the ingredients, then grill or broil the salmon after you make the tomato concassé and just before you make mustard sauce.
- Cook the salmon only until it is still a bit pink in the very center and set aside, covered.
- Remove the core from the tomatoes, score an X in the skin, place in boiling water for 20 seconds, remove, and place under cold running water.
- The peel should now just slip off; if it does not pop back in the boiling water for a few more seconds. Cut in half and remove the seeds, rinse out and chop roughly.
- Gently cook the finely chopped shallots and the tomato concassé in the oil for 5 minutes and set aside until required.
- Crush the whole grain mustard lightly in a mortar.
- Bring mustard and stock to a boil in a sauce pan, reduce to medium-high heat and cook until reduced to half.
- Add yogurt and butter and whisk briskly. Remove from heat.
- Dice the zucchini and blanch in boiling, lightly salted water. Toss zucchini with the tomato concassé.
- Arrange the zucchini/concassé mixture on the center of the plate. Top with the grilled/broiled salmon. Drizzle with whole grain mustard sauce.
- Garnish with chopped fresh dill and lemon wedges.
Special Offers • Recipes
Nutrition & Eco News