Wild Pacific King salmon are the richest and most sought after of the Pacific salmon family.
Line-caught on small boats, our King salmon is iced immediately and flash-frozen to preserve its fresh-caught quality.
King salmon naturally exhibit a red, ivory, or "marbled" coloration and are every bit as delicious and rich in omega-3s.
Wild king (Chinook) salmon
top all wild species for fat and omega-3 content, and is very rich in vitamin D
Pure and wholesome
Wild Pacific salmon is among the purest of all ocean fish.
This is why the EPA, FDA, Alaska Division of Public Health, and consumer organizations recommend it without reservation. To learn more, visit our Purity
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, King salmon provides three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, which will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – Provides six to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – Provides one- to two-thirds of the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU) ... more than almost all other fish, and far more than any fortified food.
- Astaxanthin – About 1.49 mg (red king). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Red King has the most, Ivory King has the least, and Marbled King falls in between.
Wild king (chinook) salmon
Marbled King Salmon Sknls-Bnls Portions - 6 oz
Serving Size 6 oz (170g)
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 160
| Sugars 0
|Vitamin A 10% • Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 4% • Iron 2%
omega-3s per serving 3830 mg
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page